Tuesday, August 25, 2009

4 million and a Funeral.

Nothing like a good ol' fashioned funeral to bring the family closer together.

And nothing brings the true colors out of people faster than the flash of money.

My grandpa was 93. His estate is worth millions. Needless to say, the grief was quickly forgotten when the will was read. A somber time turned into a claw fest.

I didn't really know my grandpa (or grandma) very well...their choice. They didn't like my mother much. (What this had to do with me, I'll never know) My cousins are clamoring over what's left, but I want nothing. What the hell am I going to do with stuff that means nothing to me?

Now, if there was some money...sure, I'd take that. Don't lie an say YOU wouldn't.

And if my dad were to leave me what was left over...I'd take that too. Would I fight my sisters over it? Hmmm...she's already rich. I'm near poverty.

Like I said...nothing like the allure of money to bring out the best in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment