Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's just STUFF;

I was flipping through some tabloids this morning, (okay, they are my weakness, FYI...) and it suddenly occurred to me: why do celebrities wear giant necklaces worth millions and millions of dollars?

I get that they're promoting them, but why? Who the hell looks at a 7 million dollar cuff link and says, "Ooo...gotta get that." As Seinfeld would say. "Who ARE these people?"

Even a half-mil earring could take care of me and my broke-ass for like...years. It's sickening. And personally, I would never feel comfortable wearing something so expensive. I'd constantly feel like everyone's staring, plotting to rip it from me. And without the body gaurds Cartier employs to protect such things, I'm feeling it would probably happen.

Flashiness annoys the hell out of me. I don't care how much money you make, folks. It doesn't mean a damn thing where we're going. If you're going to spend your money, buy a house, a jet...anything but something to flaunt how rich you are to the cashier at WalMart. I'm not envious by any means, I think it's tacky. I think when you're not looking, I will swipe that diamond encrusted change purse and sell it on Ebay so I can pay off my car. That's what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment